Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have some old Quark documents that I suppressed printing…

Customer Question
I have some old...

I have some old Quark documents that I suppressed printing on some elements. I'm trialing the latest version before purchase and I can't for the life of me figure out how to "unsuppress" these items so that they'll print to PDF. Help?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Elements?

Years ago. For example, I have a border around a newsletter and suppressed it for printing because I had pre-printed "shells' with a full edge bleed that I put in my printer. When I print to PDF, the borders and masthead won't print because I suppressed them.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
1/4/2018
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Sorry you having all this problems.Here is a converter to convert old document and open it

OS X: http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/Details.aspx?fid=289

Waiting for your feedback or a rating

My problem isn’t converting. I’ve done that. I need to know how to unsuppress items for printing that I put in place using an older version of Quark. The new version should have a way to unsuppress so all items on a page print.

QuarkXPress 10 can open old files created from QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9 only. The files created in versions older than QuarkXPress 7 will not open in QuarkXPress 10.

“QuarkXPress 9 is the last version that will open legacy documents from QuarkXPress 3,4,5 & 6.

I repeat, converting old documents is not my problem. They convert just fine. I need a way to **turn off** the suppression **for printing purposes** of certain elements on the page. Either the new version has that ability or it doesn't.In any case, I think I've run the course with your service and since you haven't answered my question (and, in fact, after several tries you seem to ignore my question even after I've clarified very explicitly) I do not believe you should charge me for this question.
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

Do you still need help with this?

No. You have not been helpful.
Ok!