Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I don't know my microsoft account password. How do I get it?

Customer Question
I don't know my...

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I'm not sure what that is. Sorry!!! I have a Dell computer and am using chrome for the browser. Windows 10 Home 16299.165 Does that answer anything?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I was trying to link my phone with my laptop and it asked for the phone number and password. That's where I got stuck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I may have an old phone number linked with the microsoft account. I recently changed my number and no longer have access to it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
1/2/2018
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows 10?
  2. What email address did you use to create a Microsoft account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I use windows 10 and***@******.*** is the address.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Indeed, after checking it, that is a Microsoft account. Have you tried to reset the password?