Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Problem with outgoing sound on skype. I am a senior. did not…

Customer Question
Problem with outgoing sound...

Problem with outgoing sound on skype

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

I am a senior. did not realize or know how to update skype

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to be able to use skype. also what is "the messenger". Is it on windows 10

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
1/2/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Sign in to Skype. In the menu bar, click Help then select Check for Updates. If an update is available, you will be asked to download it.

After updating, test to see if the audio issue is resolved. If not resolved the problem could be network related.

To rule out the network power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot the computer you use for Skype after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.