Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an issue with one drive. Sony vaio. I believe 8.1.

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue with one drive

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Sony vaio

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Vaio?

I believe 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Vaio? Have you installed any updates recently?

I'm freaking out - I tried to change the settings on my laptop and desktop so that files are saved on my laptop (which has more space) and NOT on my desktop. Then I deleted all the files on my desktop. However it deleted all those files in my One Drive. I tried to restore them in my one drive online and it is not working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it and I rather talk to someone honestly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
I need to make sure my two computers are set up properly in the settings so that all files are saved on my laptop rather than my desktop - I don't want all my files to be deleted in my one drive when I remove all the backed up files from my desktop which is what obviously just happened. I can't lose my files! Please help!
I thought someone was supposed to help me?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Software technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask how long ago you deleted the files in OneDrive?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

an hour ago

Thank you for the update. As of right now, please do not do anything else in regards ***** ***** OneDrive folder or issue; that may cause more problems.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

But I finally got them to be restored - I just need help with the proper settings for both computers because I turned the sync back on and it's deleting files again!
I already paid $5?

The $5 was a deposit. The rest of the charge totaled $39.66. Do you wish to continue?

Okay but this better not be asking me for more money - very frustrating.

You have been charged $39.66. Do you wish to continue?

If you don't wish to continue, I can send in your refund request.

I said yes...how many times do I have to do that?
can it stop sending messages to my phone please?

I don't have control over it sending messages to your phone. Do you want me to remotely connect to your computer and set this up correctly or do you want to communicate via this page?

please let's get this done

Okay, do you want me to "Remotely Connect" or do you wish to continue sending messages back and forth on this page?

remotely connect. Are you not reading my answers to you?

I am sorry. I asked if you wanted the remote OR this page. Your response was, "yes".

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Can we please get going - I need to get to work!

I don't see a "Securely Connect" button
Seriously I need to get going. If you cannot help me I have to get someone who will.

Okay, I will opt out at your request. Another person will continue with you.

It's just that you are not helping me!!!!! What is taking so long????
Refund my money - this service is terrible.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist