Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

IE airframe error with Surface RT. IE for surface RT.

Customer Question
IE airframe error with...

IE airframe error with Surface RT

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

IE for surface RT

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Restart restore restart disable add ons jump up and down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
NOT .... it is. IEframe error....
12/30/2017
Software technician: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-acd5zukc,

Thanks for using Just Answer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you first please provide the exact error you are receiving? Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Using Surface RT trouble accessing websites with IE returns following...We were unable to return you to bestbuy.com.Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.
What you can do:
• Try to return to bestbuy.comMore informationWhen a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.....Rich

Thanks for the updated information. Below are the steps to address this issue:

Step 1:
You may try to run Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode and check if it helps, Press Windows key + R and then type “iexplore -extoff” without quotes and press ENTER. If you are able to access
Internet Explorer without any issues, then add-ons may be causing the error. You may try the steps provided to enable add-ons individually to determine which of the add-ons may be causing the problem.

Step 2:
a. Open Internet Explorer on desktop.
b. Click the Tools button, click Manage add-ons, and then click Enable or disableAdd-ons.
c. In the show list, click Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer to display all add-ons.
d. Click the Add-ons you want to enable, and then select Enable or Disable.
e. Repeat step‘d’ for every add-on you want enable and check which add on is causing the issue.

Method 2:

If method 1 didn’t work then try Method 2.

You can reset Internet Explorer settings to what they were when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that may be caused by settings changed after installation. Note that resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows. Select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
  2. Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
  3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
  4. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK. Restart your PC to apply changes.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Software technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert