Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

When I started on Skype, I signed in with my Facebook

Customer Question
Hi, when I started...

Hi, when I started on Skype, I signed in with my Facebook account because it was easier. Now I had to sign up with a Microsoft account and lost ALL my conversation threads in the process. There was no way to import the conversations. It simply didn't work. I am the CMO of 2 very large websites and even our tech team cannot do it. On January 1st i am going to lose it all for good, according to what you say. DO NOT BOTHER TO SEND ME TO YOUR HELP ADVICE BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL TRIED THEM: THEY DON'T WORK. You must find a solution for me because I will lose 4 years worth of business conversations - since we are all working on line and use it to discuss everything and make decisions. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS. PLEASE, PAY ATTENTION. THANKS.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

All day one week ago, on Tuesday, yesterday, today - we keep downloading the latest version and nothing works -

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a new account that I want to use since it is necessary to do so by January 1st. My only problem is that i need YOUR expert to get into my Facebook sign up account (the one I used to use) and transfer ALL conversation history to my new one so that I don't lose that very important info. That's all sounds simple doesn't it? Your help guidelines sound simple too but they don't work. We need the EXPERT Thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
12/29/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Check to make sure the data from your old account still exists on your computer. Even if you’re unable to get into the Skype account with all of your old contacts, you may still have the data for that account on your computer. If you do, you can actually get a program to read the database tables and help you find the account names of your old friends.Search Windows for: %appdata%Search through the folders available and find Skype. In the Skype folder, you should see folders named after all the accounts that have ever logged into Skype on your computer.

Waiting for your feedback to help you more