Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a USB flash drive in which I would like to access the…

Customer Question
I have a USB flash...
I have a USB flash drive in which I would like to access the files. When I insert the drive it says “ I need to format the disc before I can use it.”
If I try to format the disc it says I will erase the files on the drive. How can I recover these files?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/28/2017
Software technician: Karthik, Computer Technician replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the operating system of the computer? Is it windows 10 or Windows 8 or Mac?

Windows Home 7 premium

Have you tried inserting the USB flash drive in the different computer?

I haven’t. I don’t have another cup to try but I could try at work next time I’m there.
Cpu*

Have you tried restarting the computer? We can try to restart the computer and see if still get that error message. The possible reason might be USB drive suffers from sudden power outage when it is used to transfer files or something else or The USB drive is improperly pulled out or forced to pull out or The USB drive gets virus attack or There are bad sectors in the USB drive.

Ok. I will give that a try. I have to do that a bit later.

No problem, Please try that anytime and let me know if that works or not.