Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am trying to connect to sql server from Dreamweaver 2017.

Customer Question
When I used the connection...
I am trying to connect to sql server from Dreamweaver 2017. When I used the connection string, it shows the data source name was invalid. Can anybody help with this issue?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
12/28/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

The cause of that error - which is somewhat general and not specifically indicative - could be many things.

1. make sure you are connected to the data source/network where the data source is, and the internet too of course.

2. then make sure you are authorized for access to the data source/network also e.g. logged in, that sort of thing.

3. then it's a matter of carefully checking syntax and procedure also, esp. if this code has never connected before.

Tell me some details in Reply - is it PHP, or some other programming system, that's involved? - and so forth, and I will help and advise further, if I can know some specifics about the problem.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

I am using php. I used dmxzone extensions, but they did not work. At first it said it could not find the driver. I installed the pdo and added the extensions, but still could not connect. Thank you in advance trying to help!

Well, I admit I'm not very good at PHP code, myself, but another Expert here should be able to get into the details of the problem to some purpose for you.

Before I go - unless I see some way I myself can help you - please tell me, or confirm my impression, that this is not a case of code that worked before and now doesn't work, but rather of code that needs to be gotten working for the first time - ?

That is correct I'm trying any way I can to connect to sql server
It could very well be something else besides code. I do not know what the problem is :)

Well... what SQL server are you trying to connect to, vaguely speaking?

And, have you installed MyODBC or ODBCConnection or similar driver for ODBC access to SQL databases ? that can help.

Odbc driver is there. Sql server

OK... at this point I think that, having covered the basics, I should step out of this case in favor of a more PHP-expert Expert. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other - esp. PHP - Experts in this category. Thank you for your patience. If and when another Expert picks up the case, you should receive a notification email.

Thank you though

You're welcome. I have - to repeat - Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

See the following guide and let me know which step you get stuck at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/connect-mysql-database-dreamweaver.html

I'm confused. I cAn connect with vbscript. How do I create a form with that and send it to the sql server database?

To establish a database connection with VBScript, see the following guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4pIpMZyTJQ

I tried the dmxzone extensions. They didn't work. I am not trying to connect to MySQL; I'm trying to connect to sql server

What errors are you getting?

when I use windows authentication, I get the following:
Call to undefined function odbc_connect() in c:\xampp\htdocs\test\windowsconnectWhen I use Sql Server connection, I get the following:
syntax error, unexpected 'if (T_IF) in c:\xampp\htdos\test\connection.phpDo I need a different password?
How would I know if the driver is outdated or corrupt?

You can check the drivers in Device Manager.

I checked under disk drive. Showed it was up to date. Is it my connection code?
How do I know if my dsn is correct?
  1. In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.

2. Then in the Administrative Tools dialog box, double-click Data Sources (ODBC).

The ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box appears.

3. Click User DSN, System DSN, or File DSN to check the relevant DSN.

I have the ODBC driver 13 for SQL server and SQL Server Native Client 11.0
Thanks for trying to help, btw
Ok maybe it's not the updated version. Where do I get the 64 bit odbc? I tried but it showed it wasn't compatible. I'm running windows 7

Are you running a 64 bit system?