Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

In the last few weeks I am receiving many pop-up ads and…

Customer Question
In the last few...

In the last few weeks I am receiving many pop-up ads and unsolicited messages that override whatever is on the screen. These massages are usually diverted to "Junk" but these are not picked up. What can done to stop this annoyance?

Technician's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in New Mexico.

Technician's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What sorts of things? I am merely a consumer, not an investigator.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Software technician: NishaJonesLaw,
 replied 7 months ago
NishaJonesLaw

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Software technician: NishaJonesLaw,
 replied 7 months ago

You should consider installing an ad blocker to your computer which would prevent these ads from popping up on your screen.

Depending on what browser you use, there are different ad blockers available.

If you Google "ad blocker" you'll be taken to several different options, you can review them, and find the one most suitable for you.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Software technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today! I think believe this was moved over to the Computer category. Is this a computer issue you're having?

If so, I can help resolve this to prevent it from happening again! I'm a certified computer expert with 15+ years of experience