Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I spent over a month trying to get skype sound to work on my…

Customer Question
I spent over a...

I spent over a month trying to get skype sound to work on my new computer (windows 10) purchased the end of January 2017. The sound has been garbled on skype. I've been told by an apple the this is a new problem between android and apple computers regarding the sound. I uninstalled and re-installed e skype app. Now skype test works, but I cannot make a call. As soon as it starts dialing the call ends. Because of this I cannot test the voice on a call. There used to be drop-downs on the top of the screen so you could access the audio system. They seem to be gone with the new app dowloa

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

Download. I spent most of today talking to HP tech support (who want to charge for trying to solve the problem), Best Buy tech support and HSN tech support. They cannot help as they consider skype a third party. Also I cannot receive an incoming call. The computer does not alert you a call is coming in. What can be done to solve this problem? Right now I am a VERY FRUSTRATED PERSON. HELP!!!!!! I downloaded the app today.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don 't know what other information he needs.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
12/22/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Sorry you having all this problems. To start off can you have a look at your normal network mode need to be set to LTE(GSM).

Also please make sure you turn off the wifi before you dail. Go to settings > Cellular networks > Network operators... and then choose your operator or choose automatically or 3G waiting for your feedback or a rating