Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Just attached myspytec to my car with a full charge. now I…

Customer Question
Just attached myspytec to...

Just attached myspytec to my car with a full charge. now I don't know what to do step by step to complete installation

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I using a hp laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

How do I find it I am using windows 10 and am computer dumb

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not lately. I did install the recent windows 10 update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Tell him i am ingornant and he will have to be simple with and if possible give me a list of what to do that I can follow. unless he can walk me through to complete installation

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/22/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
I would advise you to visit www.spytechgps.com and log in there with your account.

Or log in at www.myspytech.com perhaps... if that's where the device came from.

Then you should be provided with means of tracking your spytech devcie.

If that isn't it, then let me know what site or what maker name you bought it from, please, and I will advise you further.

please connect
Battery on gps may be getting weak . I put it in about -10 days ago
What is the problem. Do I need to do anything?
Do I wait or contact later or get another tech
Software technician: cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Enthusiast

You need to charge it up about every 10 days.

Once the device is activated you will be given an account in the GPS tracking website where you can log in to monitor and track your device remotely either by Phone app or PC browser in real time.

You can activate the device by filling out the activation form online > spytecinc.com/gps-activation It can be done thru PC or Phone browser..No Installation required. You simply hide or attach the device in the Car and start tracking remotely

https://www.spytecinc.com/gps-activation

Go there and activate device and it will give you an account so that you can track your SpyTec GPS

You can also hard wire directly into your Car power source if you don't like to keep it recharging every other week.

Software technician: ITsolutions, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
ITsolutions
ITsolutions, Computer Support Specialist

Hello my name is***** am one of the expert here to help you.

Based on your question spy tec has many products.

It seems like you are charging in your car not on your laptop or home usb charger.

Always recommend to charge GPS in home first using usb cable to PC.

GPS are turned off and wont hold charge since car is off.

Before I can do remote session. I am requesting following info.

How old is your GPS?

Press power button and hold until you see screen. If its not charged it will either not turn on or will display message to charge

Do you see green battery indicator if its full charged?

Do you have USB cable for GPS available? It usually comes with the item.

You maybe able to unplug the usb cable from that 12v adapter varies by model no#.

What is the model # of your device? its on the box or behind the GPS

is your gps device charged fully charged currently? If not at least 75% should be charged

You can also charge using PC just insert USB cable came with your GPS to computer

If you charged it doesn't hold a charge then you can call company.