Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have R6300v2 and unable to download gui from your website…

Customer Question
I have R6300v2 and...

I have R6300v2 and unable to download gui from your website to do firmware upgrade. tried two different days and times

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Netgear

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Used instructions from email. logged into router at routerlogin.net, selected advanced, update router selection. The check and router took a few seconds to loginto your site. Then said dowloading firmware, wait a minute, then error unable to download gui

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/21/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
I suspect that the firmware update you selected was for a Windows PC, and you have an Apple computer - or more doubtfully, that it was a firmware update to run on an Apple computer, and you have a Windows PC.

Now, though that would explain the reference to a 'GUI', the thing to do is, to identify a good source for the firmware update, and also perhaps consider whether other measures than a firmware update might be taken to solve whatever the problem initially was, that suggested a firmware update might be a good idea (-done wrongly, they can ruin printers. So be sure you have the exact model # of your printer right, from its manufacturer's label, and also that you only do an update from the manufacturer's site period.)

(What maker and model # is your printer? I can find such a site for a choice of firmware update(s) for you. Also, let me know whether you have an Apple computer or a Windows PC. I will help further, with that info, as you may need help and advice. Just let me know in Reply.)

I sent a message to your support group about 1 hour ago. I fixed the problem myself. I thought that this was the netgear website. When i realize that it wasn’t I went to the netgear web site and figured it out myself. I didn’t expect to be charged 31 bucks for you guys to help me.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.