Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have Lightroom 6 and I'm considering upgrading to

Customer Question
I have Lightroom 6...

I have Lightroom 6 and I'm considering upgrading to Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop cc via subscription. But I think I will have to upgrade my video card (GPU?) will this card work?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

W10, 64bit card is http://www.gpuzoo.com/GPU-AMD/Radeon_R5_340_OEM.html

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Lightroom?

Some time ago to Lightroom 6

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a Dell 3847 desktop upgraded to 16 GB RAM with an Intel i5 processor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
The referenced cared is supposed to be DirectX 12 compatible. If this card won't work what card do you recommend?
Card URL http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/kit-amd-radeon-r5-340x-2gb-full-height-dp-sl-dvi-i/apd/490-bcvp/graphic-video-cards
12/20/2017
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

I compared the specifications of the Dell 3847 and also your Radeon R5 340 OEM card to both the latest Lightroom and Photoshop requirements and all required and optimized system specifications are supported. So as long as you have at least 2 Gigabytes of storage space available on your computer, you can install both and they will perform without issues.

Please let me know if you have further questions or need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks, ***** ***** is this $38 charge I have on my credit card for Just Answer. I want that removed. I was told there was a $5.00 charge which is also on my card.I will only pay that.
syseng
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer