Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I would like to have an inexpensive Fortran 77 compiler on…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to have an inexpensive Fortran 77 compiler on my Windows 10 PC, with a few tips on using it. I am an experienced Fortran programmer, but have been out of the game for at least 25 years. Please give me the price of a low-cost Fortran compiler pus your charge for installing it and helping me get started. Also, I will need a programmers manual. Thanks. ***** *****. ***@******.***. Can you do this remotely or do I need to take my PC to a Best Buy - there is one close to me.

Technician's Assistant: What's your objective for this Fortran project?

I have a small project, solving a puzzle, for which I need to program a solution. Also, I always enjoyed programming when that was my job, and would like to do some more now that I am retired.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I think I have laid out my request for info fully.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
12/20/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
There are free Fortran 77 compilers. The two primary ones are GNU Fortran (g77), and on the other hand there is f2c, a free Fortran 77.

GNU Fortran is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html

f2c is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html

For others, there is PathScale Fortran 77: http://www.pathscale.com/ekopath.html

There may be others too. Tell me whether you need other references.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.