Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have been operating filemaker pro 12 for some years on a…

Customer Question
I have been operating...

I have been operating filemaker pro 12 for some years on a Mac desk top using operating system OS High Sierra 10.13.2. In the last two weeks when ever I try to add a new field to an existing file filemaker pro falls over

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

About two to three weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried creating an all new data base and the same thing happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 6 days by:
12/26/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. Sorry you having all this problems. Please look at this steps to import s old record let see.

1. Open the FileMaker database into which you wish to add or replace records.
  2. If you are updating existing records (as opposed to adding new records), sort the database to coincide with the order of the data to be imported.
  3. Choose File > Import Records > File.
  4. In the Open File dialog box, choose the name of the file that contains the data you wish to import (the source file), and click Open.
  5. Choose a target table
  6. The Import Field Mapping dialog displays the incoming field names on the left and the field names of the active FileMaker Pro database on the right.

Waiting for your feedback to help you more or a rating