Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I down loader Print Master V8 Platinum from a disc and it…

Customer Question
I down loader Print...

I down loader Print Master V8 Platinum from a disc and it will not open.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Its a Dell Workforce645

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WORKFORCE645?

Its not the printer, I can't get the Printmaster for the programs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

When I purchased the program I was informed that it was compatible to Windows 10, when I went to down load it, Windows 10 did not show up on the information

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Software technician: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-1oe4627d,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I understand you have installed PrintMaster V8 Platinum. Please let me know what happens when you try to open it on your Dell. Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri

It gives me an error message with a list of problems.
I will gladly let you fix it on line. But I am not going to pay because the disc had never worked.

The remote request is system generated. Just ignore it unless you want a remote session. I did not initiate it. Let's continue via messaging. Can you please tell me if there is an error code or what is in the list of problems so I can narrow down the issue?

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

SQL (Error.XJ004) could not establish a connection with local data base. Startup cannot continue. Then there is a whole lot of errors listed.

Try the following:

Hold ctrl key down and right click on the PrintMaster icon and select "run as administrator" and let me know if that works.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

It immediately brings up the error message
When I first started to down load, it listed all the compatible units it could handle. Windows 10 was not listed. lWhen I ordered the disc I was told that it would be compatible with windows 10.

My apologies, I meant hold down the Shift key, not the ctrl key. Can you try the above again using the Shift key? Also, I understand about the compatibility and will check that as well. Let me know if you can run as administrator.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sorry, same message appears immediately.

Was the option even there to run as administrator or was it not in the list when you right clicked?

The option was there, and as soon as I clicked on it, the error message appears immediately

Ok, please standby a moment and I will reply with the next step. I also wanted to answer your question about compatibility with Windows 10. It is compatible. It does not seem to be a compatibility issue. Here are the system requirements for this version:

Windows® 7¹ or higher¹, Pentium® IV 2 GHz or better or comparable AMD processor, Monitor Resolution: 1152x864 or higher display, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended), Available Hard Disk Space: Install requires approximately 5GB², 64 MB Video RAM, Internet connection required³ (Broadband recommended), DVD-ROM drive*, keyboard and mouse. Macintosh® OS X 10.7¹ or higher¹, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2 GHz or better processor (2.4 GHz recommended), Monitor Resolution: 1152x864 or higher display, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended), Available Hard Disk Space:

Another question for you. Were you upgrading a previous version or was this a new install?

This was a new version.

Please check to see if your user has admin rights as it is a requirement for proper installation of the program. Below are the steps to check:

How to check for Windows Administrator rights
To see whether you have administrative privileges on your computer:
Go to the Start menu (in the lower left corner of your Windows desktop).
Click Settings > Control Panel or Control Panel, depending on which version of Windows you have.
Open User Accounts.
Click the Users tab.
If Administrators is displayed in the Group column or for your user name, you have administrative privileges.

Regards,

Sheri

It shows that I am the administrator

OK,

I researched further and you may need to remove the program and do a clean install. Although it mentions Windows 7. it should be valid for Windows 10, as well. Also, please disable any antivirus/firewall protection when running the installation. Test the program after installation, then turn it back on.

Below are the steps:

Firstly you will need to uninstall the program. To do this, follow these instructions:

Make sure you're on your desktop with all windows closed
Click on "Start"
Select "Settings"
Left-Click on "Control Panel"
Double-Click on "Add/Remove Programs" (Programs and Features on Windows Vista & 7)
Left-Click on the name for the program you want to remove (insert program name here)
Left-Click on the "Add/Remove" button
Follow the on screen prompts for removal, make note of any directories that remained.

After removing, reboot the system.
Now you are ready to reinstall the program. Please follow the steps below to accomplish this.

NOTE: Before installing ANY software on Win XP, Vista or 7, the user MUST be logged in to Windows with Administrator rights (NOT with a Limited User Account).

If you don't know whether or not your normal account is an Administrator account, do this:

If you don't know your logon name, click on 'Start'. Then, look for your logon name at the top or bottom of the Start menu.

Go to 'Control Panel' then open 'User Accounts'.

When the 'User Accounts' window opens, look under your logon name. If you DO NOT see the word 'Administrator' under your logon name, you SHOULD NOT attempt to install software - because ONLY Administrator accounts should install software on WinXP, Vista, and 7.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I will do that later. As you can see we have been at it for three hours. I don't know what time zone you are in. I thank you for your assistants. If I run into more problems I will try to get you back. Again thank you.

Yes, almost 2.5 hours. I am in Eastern timezone. Please feel free to take your time and try that. Just reply when you are ready, at your convenience. Once I am available I will review your communication and reply back.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert