Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Windows locked me out of the computer because I forgot the…

Customer Question
Windows locked me out...

Windows locked me out of the computer because I forgot the new password

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the version of Windows?

Just got a new HP Spectre w/ win10 and I forgot my password ***** got locked out

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Spectre? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates yet.. I am locked out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm having an awful time getting started

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/17/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

The first (and most obvious) solution available from the outset is to use the standard password ***** function available at Microsoft’s password ***** website. There you’ll find three choices, and for this particular case, you’ll want to follow the “I Forgot My Password” selection if you’re attempting to recover any accounts that are tied to your online identity.Once you make it through these steps, you’ll be greeted with the generally familiar recovery process that most major companies will use when attempting to verify that you really are who you say you are. If you’ve registered an external email or a cellphone number with your account, you can receive a code which will pop your account open without any extra hassle.

Waiting for your feedback or a rating.