Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

High Pearl - I have a problem. Win Zip I bought it a while…

Customer Question
High Pearl - I...

High Pearl - I have a problem

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Win Zip I bought it a while back. Went to use it. They said a Free Upgrade Available. So I downloaded it now they say I have pay to use It??? I shouldn't have to You said free and I already bought it.??? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Win?

Windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Win? What have you tried so far?

Today first time I tried. I downloaded, installed. and they gave me the Registration number. but my only choice to buy it or get just a 30-day evaluation copy???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No we are fine

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Software
12/16/2017
Software technician: Kraig, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, I'm databank876. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Ill wait for your answer
I already bought the software I feel like I'm being scamed
Just tell me how to fix it
Are you still working on my case its been over an hour?

Sorry for just getting back to you.

There are two things that you can try to get back to your full version of WinZip.

The first thing you can do is to install the upgrade as an evaluation copy and then use the registration code to register it.

Otherwise, if you still have the version you bought previously, you can uninstall the new version and then reinstall the earlier version and use the registration code that you got at that time to re-register it.

I had the same problem in the past with WinZip. In my case, I did the reinstallation of the version I bought and registered it with the code that came with it. I then chose not to do any updates when they become available. Since then, I have had no problem using WinZip where registration is concerned. The truth be told, one does not have to always upgrade to the latest version if the update is simply to add a new feature. I consider updates as being important when there is a bug in a previous version that the newer version got rid of the bug.

Try the suggestions I gave and let me know how it works out.

Thank you for your help How do I get my money back?

WinZip has a 30-day money-back guarantee where you can get your money back after evaluating the version you bought. For more information on that, please click here.

Thank you have a good day
Kraig
Kraig
Kraig, Computer Support Specialist