Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

After windows 10 build 1709 a favorite software won't run.

Customer Question
After windows 10 build...

After windows 10 build 1709 a favorite software won't run. "Voyager 4.5 by Carina Software" has been killed. Worked fine on build 1703. What can I do to get it back?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

November 2, 2017

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or version of Windows?

Yes. On November 3, 2017 My New PC received build 1709 build of Windows 10 and the software stopped.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I took the installation program to try on several PC's and the technician said it will no longer run in windows. It was originally built for Mac and in the manual credits it says it was converted for Windows with Mac2Win software. It still runs on my win xp computer and the laptop with windows 10 build 1703.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
12/16/2017
Software technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Microsoft gives users 10 days to roll back the 1709 update but you may get lucky.

Click the start menu button and open Settings.

Click Update & Security.

From the vertical menu on the left select Recovery.

On the right side, under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10"

click Get Started.

Let me know the result please.