Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Somebody gave me a dell latitude e5510 but they can't

Customer Question
Somebody gave me a...

Somebody gave me a dell latitude e5510 but they can't remember their password. How do I do a factory reset?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Latitude?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Latitude? Have you installed any updates recently?

I can't get into it. It wants her password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It was given to me and I don't have contact with the person anymore.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please press f12 at start up and go to advance setting to restore. Or here is a video what can assist you,

Or Press F8 at boot time > System Image Recovery

Waiting for your feedback or a rating

For one, I don't see a link to a video. For two I tried every option when pressing F8 and F12 and I can't get a factory reset. It keeps bringing me right back to Windows 7 Professional, with name of the original owner and wants her password.

Thanks for your feedback here the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weBvrhk1ioA

Waiting for your feedback or a rating.

I appreciate your help, however you didn't actually answer my original question, which was how I can reset the computer to the factory condition without the Windows Professional password ***** the original owner. I thought I could start with a clean slate. I found my own videos with instructions on how to do it, but it didn't work. I called my local computer geeks and they can do it at the tune of $140, and proof that I didn't steal it! They said to bring it by and they will tell me if it has the life left in it to make it worth it. Thank you!
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 6 months ago

Thanks for the feedback I think you best bet will be to download the windows 7 from the dell site and road the machine.

Or get a windows OS dvd put it in the machine and format and reload

Here where you can get all the driver when done http://www.dell.com/support/contents/za/en/zabsdt1/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/operating-systems/windows-operating-systems/windows-7-support

Take care regardsCustomer/p>