Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have twice tried to log in to PayPal and been refused both…

Customer Question
I have twice tried...

I have twice tried to log in to PayPal and been refused both times. Please inform me what has happened. I do not recall changing my password ***** 2015. I fear someone may have gotten my name and changed my password. ***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

14 April 2015

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

I tried to use it with Smythson of Bond Street and one other site.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That same session I picked up somewhere a bit of phishing malware that is interfering with Firefox. I have AOL on an Apple Computer. Only Firefox was affected, as I was using it at the time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/16/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Don't use Firefox then, I advise, esp. while this problem is going on. (And, try a reset of Firefox to a vanilla state, also, and/or go through the Add-Ons and Plugins, and disable anything that isn't essential, among them. The phishing malware could be among them.)

As for being refused with your password ***** PayPal, go to

https://www.paypal.com

and click on the 'Having trouble logging in?' link. Follow through, step by step and not hastily, nor interrupting for any considerable period, the process of resetting or retrieving your password ***** your PayPal account. Hopefully, done carefully, that will get access to your PayPal account back. But be sure to use a browser that is indeed in a certifiably pure state and not infected, when you log in again to Paypal.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.