Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

DELL STUDIO 1737. "ENTER HDD PASSWORD" WHEN POWERED ON.

Customer Question
DELL STUDIO 1737....

DELL STUDIO 1737. "ENTER HDD PASSWORD" WHEN POWERED ON. UNKNOWN HDD PASSWORD. RECEIVING ERROR 'HDD PASSWORD ***** CODE 144221' ANY WAY AROUND THIS?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

THE ENTIRE SYSTEM LOGON.

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

STUDIO 1737 VISTA HOME PREMIUM

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

SINCE YESTERDAY. I ADDED HDD PASSWORD. WROTE IT DOWN AND IT DOES NOT MATCH. CALLED DELL AND THEY SAY MASTER PASSWORD ***** ***** BIOS. IF I CANNOT REMEMBER PASSWORD ***** NEED NEW DRIVE. TRIED CHANGING HDD PASSWORD; F8, F11, F2, ESC AT POWER ON.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Sorry you having all this problems. I can only suggest to contact dell with the service tag detail http://en.community.dell.com/members/dell_2d00_kiran-k

I sure dell can help you. Waiting for your feedback or a rating