Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Kaspersky license good through 2/13/19 on a

Customer Question
I have a Kaspersky...

I have a Kaspersky license good through 2/13/19 on a computer that's going to be shut down soon and I'd like to transfer that subscription to my new unit. how do I go about it?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Old unit - Windows 7, New unit - windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Kaspersky software?

I had it shut off for the last week or so and see it needs to be updated now, how do I find out when the last update occurred?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/15/2017
Software technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Are you able to access your Kaspersky license key in the settings for the program?

Okay, so just do these following steps and the license will activate on the other computer:

Step 1: On your old PC from where you want to transfer the Kaspersky license, uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus, Internet Security, or Total Security.

Step 2: Once the Kaspersky is removed from your PC, download a fresh copy of Kaspersky Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security. We recommend you download the setup file only from Kaspersky and not from unknown sources.

Step 3: Install the Kaspersky product on your new computer. Once the installation is complete, you will see the Activation window where you need to enter the license code.

Step 4: Type the 20-character license code you have with you in the fields. Finally, click the Activate button to connect to the Kaspersky Lab servers and activate your product.

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you have anymore and I'll be happy to help. Also, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars below when we're finished. Thanks!