Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am moving programs from one desktop to a new one. I have a…

Customer Question
I am moving programs...

I am moving programs from one desktop to a new one. I have a paid subscription to Adobe Acrobat 9 standard with the Adobe serial Number. I tried to download the Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard software and had a problem with the install. It asks for the computer serial number. I have verified the number I entered from the label on the computer and from internal to the computer. The Adobe installed continues to say this is an INVALDI serial #. This is a brand new HP computer and I need to get this software installed. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Acrobat?

I don't understand the question. I'm trying to install this on the new computer. We will not be using the old one anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
12/13/2017
Software technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

I'm ready

When installing the software, after it prompted you for a serial number, did you try using the serial number you have for the Adobe program instead of the computer's serial number itself?

It asked for the computer serial number. Should I try the Adobe serial #?

Yes, please fill in the Adobe serial number instead. I'll stand by; do keep me posted.

OK. Seems to be working now. I guess I was just confused. Working on this conversion since Monday AM.Thanks

OK, great! And kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you!

I have to close this brower

No problem, and a positive rating (at the top of this page) would be much appreciated before you leave! Thanks again,