Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My computer was hit by a virus that wiped it out completely.

Customer Question
My computer was hit...

My computer was hit by a virus that wiped it out completely. I was able to put zorin on it but no toshiba info is on it. What do I do now.

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Os now is linux. Satelite l855d-s5114

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

6 months. I tried to put toshiba drivers on it but without results. The hard drive was formatted and linux was put on it so that is all that is on it. This is a windows 8.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Toshiba Satellite l855d-s5114

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Formatted hard drive and put linux on it. Don't have any Toshiba disk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
12/14/2017
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens now when you try to use the laptop?

Please let me know

Thank you

I can use my lap top on zorin12 now with no problem so far. I have yahoo, google, firefox on it. I think I need windows 10 and all of the toshiba put back on it.

ok, there is no way though it would self load linux on it as linux is never on a Toshiba

Which operating system is now on it?