Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

In regards to garageband. i've recorded 8 tracks with no…

Customer Question
Hi in regards *****...

Hi in regards ***** ***** . i've recorded 8 tracks with no glitch. However on playing back the song using the 8 recorded tracks , in different parts at different locations the whole 8 tracks slow down or drag this happens differently on different play backs . . ( sounds like a old tape machine with the tape sticking and dragging release)

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Garage band

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Nothing , straight recording using garage bands drum loops, and garage band vocals and preset guitar sounds. using my guitar plugged in and my microphone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Gibson les paul 1967 mini humbucckers and yamaha s58 microphone all professional used instruments I've played live for 40 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your S58? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, the recording side on each track whether guitar bass or microphone record the track beautifully the whole track through. its when i play all tracks together the glitch across all 8 tracks occur

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats pretty much it thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
also I'm using a mac book pro with os x el capitan with 280 gig free on my computer system to use .
what i mean is playing the 8 different tracks at the same time like you normally would when listening to how all instruments sound together in play back. this is when the drag or slip happens . not on individual tracks. all individual tracks play back great separately from all played together
also play back is with full computer charged not using mains . also i tried on main power play back and still happens in both electrical conditions
hi while I've been waiting for your reply i played the 8 tracks as a song or tracks playing simultaneously . 6 different times. and only once did it play back all song without a glitch. every other time had all tracks dragging or corrupting at least once in all play back. i can re record all 8 tracks again. but don't want to if this glitch keeps happening as its not each individual track corrupting. each track on recording is fine when played back solo ly .
12/13/2017
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Try closing all other software that may be running on the MacBook Pro in case there is a conflict or lack of system resources.

Let me know if that improves the playback at all?

Pete, Computer Expert