Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Cannot sign on to face book always says connection not

secure or privacy concerns what...
cannot sign on to face book always says connection not secure or privacy concerns what is happening ? tried chrome and edge win 10 desktop
12/13/2017
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Hi Robert,

Are your browsers up to date?

Have you scanned the computer for viruses and malware?

I use norton and mcgaffee once and a while I have naother question on here and I think it is related to that
when I turned off my router for a few hours everything worked

Ok, then your router may have had a glitch which temporarily resulted in an insecure connection.

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

Have a good day,
Pete.

no this has been going on for a while

Is it now working, or are you still having issues?

it happens on and off and with a lot of
web pages that i visit

Does it always happen at the same location, e.g. at home?

What internet connection speed are you getting there?

https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

same location 21 down 22 up also the "this in not secure" notice comes in bunches sunday got a lot I have another router I never used maybe I should try that one and see ???

Yes, is it possible to try using wifi at a different place? e.g. a friend's house?

not useing wi fi cabled in sorry this is taking so long ps the other router is a wireless not going to try it maybe have to buy a new one the key is if i turn it off for a while everything is ok

Ok, then it does sound as though it is failing and possibly overheating if it works ok after you turn it off for a while. In that case, it should be replaced.

Pete, Computer Expert
thanks