Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am trying to get into Google Chrome to one of my

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get into Google Chrome to one of my favorites. The user name and password ***** correct. I get the following message and it won't open. "Kaspersky secure keyboard input is enabled." Hope you can help me. Please be gentle, I am vry low tech.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Kaspersky software?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes, about a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

When I try to open Google Chrome it goes directly to the login that I am trying to open. It doesn't let me choose what I want to open.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/12/2017
Software technician: Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Do you want to disable "Kaspersky secure keyboard input is enabled" ?

In the address bar of the Chrome browser, type chrome://extensions and press ENTER.

Tell me if you see an addon or extension related to Kaspersky or a Virtual Keyboard there?

I don't see anything related to Kaspersky

Can we do a remote session so i can take a look and fix this?

I am not comfortable using remote access. Can't you just tell me how to fix it?

I just did there is an extension which is triggering the virtual keyboard to come preventing you.

Since you are saying, there is no extension that is what needs to be troubleshooted (you shouldnt be seeing this message if no virtual secure keyboard is added to Chrome).

Never mind, I will just call my IT person, Thanks for trying.

Welcome.