Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had 3 different Candy Crush games on this computer. The…

Customer Question
Hello. I had 3...

Hello. I had 3 different Candy Crush games on this computer. The computer did an update, now none of these games will start (black screen comes up). I in-installed all 3 of them and re-installed Candy Crush Saga, it still will not start

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Candy Crush Saga?

Today. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it 3 times

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Candy Crush Saga?

After uninstalling all 3 games, I have only worked with Candy Crush Sega

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried re-starting the computer after the 2nd time I uninstalled the game, it made no difference

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Software
12/13/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suggest that you revert to the condition the computer was in just before the time the problem occurred, e.g. 4 days to a week before, by using System Restore (if you have a Windows PC that is.)

System Restore can be done by the following:

Go to
Start - [All] Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

(or just type

rstrui.exe

and run the System Restore program when the search finds it from that)
and choose to Restore system to a previous [etc.], then from the calendar-like interface, choose the first restore point *before* the problem started, then do the restoring.

(Warning: it may help to first disconnect from the internet, then also disable - temporarily, i.e. turn Off - your anti-virus utility, since they can often interfere with the Restore operation completing successfully.... before doing a System Restore.)

The computer will grind away for a while, then restart automatically, then grind away some more, and hopefully will come up with a message that the Restore operation was fully successful.

And hopefully that will cure the problem.

(PS: Do not choose to do a System Restore if you have recently installed any Microsoft software of any considerable cost. Its installation may be reversed, and you may lose money that way. Let me know if you think that's the case, and I will advise you further as to what to do.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist