Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have been going through with AVG and have quickly learned…

Customer Question
I have been going...

I have been going through hell with AVG and have quickly learned that some SENIOR techs know what they are doing, some will try to help and others only make things worse!

Technician's Assistant: Which AVG product do you have?

A # of products, but PLEASE let me explain why I am contacting you

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your AVG software?

Since one of these Sr. Techs helped me I have been having problems with my internet connection which my internet connection (Intel) tells me my address is not being sent which it must be to establish the connection.I contacted Intel and they provided an updated driver but said if I continued to have difficulties establishing a connection to contact the maker (ACER) to see if the original driver for my TravelMate4060 was still available for re-installation.Their updated driver worked flawlessly for 1 day but has since reverted to losing/not establishing the connection properly.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

P.S. I have tried the AVG PC Repair tool but it doesn't even show the processer as an issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Perhaps I misunderstood - I thought I would receive an answer within 30 minutes?
12/12/2017
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 7 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

NO allowing remote access was partially how I got into this mess. If Intel tells me that I need the original drivers for the Intel PRO Set wireless the it would seen they know what they are talking about. I would also appreciate a clarification of my understanding of 30 minutes for an answer vs. a 2 1/2 wait
Please read my previous note

I'm sorry for the wait, we do our best to answer within 30 minutes. We are experiencing a high volume of questions at the moment.

If you have already tried various drivers for your network card, it's going to be a more in depth troubleshooting process that I would say we would need remote assistance to provide the best answer. I understand you had a bad experience with AVG and if you don't want to continue I would suggest getting Acer involved or a local business that provides IT support.

can you provide a contact telephone # for Acer in Canada?

Phone: 1-***-***-****
Available 24/7 - US and Canada