Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I cannot connect my Dreamweaver 2018 to sql server. It's for…

Customer Question
Hello. I cannot...

Hello. I cannot connect my Dreamweaver 2018 to sql server

Technician's Assistant: What's your objective for this SQL project?

It's for work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

Not right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/12/2017
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Are you getting an error message when you try to connect?

Error using this Database Connection!Server Response : could not find driverhow do I config the php configurations?

What version of SQL are you using?

Are you trying to set up the connection for the first time, or was it working ok previously?

First time, it has not worked. I think it's express

Ok, try the following 6 steps to set up a testing server and let me know if it works:

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/set-testing-server.html

-------------------------

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.

oh, I've already done all of that. I can run my php files and such; the part I cannot connect to is via DMXzone. I'm using Server Connect and Database Connection. It has an option for SQL Server, but I have not been able to connect.Could you give me the php extension for the ini in xampp? Maybe that's it. Thanks.

Open php.ini and remove the semicolon (;) from ;extension=php_intl.dll if the semi-colon is present.

ok, I tried that. It didn't work. when could you do a secure remote assistance?

I am travelling at the moment and I will be free on Saturday morning for remote assistance.

However other experts may pick up your request in the meantime if you submit a request for remote assistance.

Alternatively, could you attach the code in a document for me to review?

I have a question. I was able to connect (yay). I used vbscript to view the data. Will I be able to post to this as well? I'm using html and php. As you know its useless if I can't do this. Thanks!

Yes you can paste all of the code into a document.

Glad to hear you were able to get connected to the server!

Pete.

ok, just to confirm: I am trying to create a form. Since I was able to view the data from SQL Server, does this mean I've connected and able to create the form? I'm trying to test it right now.
I am trying to create a form to post online for my job (via cell phones, if this helps). :) Thanks again for the help.

Yes, if you can view the data then you are connected to the server. Let me know how the testing goes.

Ok I thought so ��Hmm I'm having trouble with the testing environment. Ok do I have to have a known variable to do so? Or can this be random? You've been great btw

It can be random if you prefer.

Ok I have a question. I cannot connect through php still. How do I do this through vbscript?
Meaning I can view the data through vbscipt but not php. Is this why I'm not having any luck testing?

Here is a sample script that you can use:

http://webcheatsheet.com/asp/database_connection_to_MSSQL.php

Wait a minute, where do you add this connection to?

You can add this script to your existing code.

To my php code in dreamweaver?

Yes, to the php code in Dreamweaver.

I am trying to make a form. Is there a special code for the buttons clicked on go to a specific table? How does this work? Thanks

I would need to see the original code.

I will check if the other experts have any further ideas on this.

This doesn't make sense. I can connect using vbscript, but when I try to check for drivers available, sql server doesn't show up. Am I not connecting? I do not know if the driver has been found???
Could I have remote assistance? Or if somebody could help me otherwise? I did a test, and it shows no sql drivers were found. :(