Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Windows 2012 server that is the host for (2)

Customer Question
Hyper-V virtual machines. The motherboard...
I have a Windows 2012 server that is the host for (2) Hyper-V virtual machines. The motherboard is 4 years old but I replaced all components that have a moving part (power supply, CPU cooling fan, case cooling fan & hard drive) and did a fresh install of the server operating system. My problem is that the host operating system is locking up on a random basis but 1-2 times per week. The only way to recover is to use a 'hard shutdown' with the power button. When it comes back up everything is working file. From the Windows Event Viewer, I can see the date/time that it locks up and the next entry is "The system was rebooted without shutting down first". Can someone help me figure out why the server is locking up?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/9/2017
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Is the server fully patched?

Has the BIOS firmware been fully updated?