Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Windows system 32 winload.exe appears to be missing. HP

Customer Question
Windows system 32 winload.exe...

Windows system 32 winload.exe appears to be missing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the version of Windows?

HP Pavilion p6540yPC from 2009 if I remember correctly. It originally had Windows 7 and I installed Windows 10 (not a clean install) on it which is the version that is giving me problems.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have tried but they don't install. I have a USB that I use to boot the computer or it won't; it goes into the disk check mode and then gets stuck on keyboard. I have tried various solutions given online but end up having to reboot using the USB. The repair functions don't work and neither will command prompt.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you This is a tower btw, not a laptop with which I am having issues.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/8/2017
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

This error usually occurs if the file is damaged or missing.

As you are unable to boot into normal mode, please try the following steps booting from an installation disc or USB:

-

Method 1:

Let’s perform startup repair and check if that helps.

a. Insert the Windows installation DVD or USB and boot Windows from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

-

Method 2:

You may try to rebuild the BCD booting from the disc and follow these instructions:

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

c. Click on Repair your computer.

d. Click on Troubleshoot and then selectAdvanced Options.

e. Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and pressEnter after each command:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

f. Restart the computer. Check if the issue is resolved.

-

Reply back and let me know how you get on.

Neither solution worked and I am using windows 10

These solutions will also work for Windows 10.

How far do you get with each method?

Do you get any error messages?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.