Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I was having trouble with ‘could not be opened..’ error for…

Customer Question
I was having trouble...

I was having trouble with ‘could not be opened..’ error for a .dll with a new birding program. XPS 15; windows 10. Did sfc /scannow as administrator. No prob found but install now seemed ok. Reboot would now not show entry box for pin at sartup.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

Sorry. Did not mean to send message yet. I foolishly started with F2 held down and reset to default (not to factory settings). Now my 4-digit pin won’t work. I’m frantic!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am typing this on my iPad. Andrew

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/8/2017
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Sorry Andrew but I need to clarify.

Is the issue you cannot open a particular program?

Or windows will not start at all?

Please let me know

Thanks Richard.
My problem now is that by resetting the system to default it seems to have reset the PIN to access my stuff.; I put in my correct pin a few times only but the response said ‘wrong’ and now won’t even ask me.

Thanks

Is this the pin to sign into windows 10? Or exactly which pin are you referring to?

Please let me know.