Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have just installed the latest version of audacity on my…

Customer Question
I have just installed...

I have just installed the latest version of audacity on my computer with Windows 8.1. I have a project open with three tracks. When I click the iron bar icon in one track a vertical line appears that spans the vertical height, but it is only visible in one track. On the tutorials I watched the vertical line appeared in all the tracks simultaneously. Do you know or can you find out how I can adjust the program to have the vertical line appear in all three of my tracks?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

In my message I identified it as Audacity.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Please read my message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think my message covers it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
12/5/2017
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Select all tracks first before making the adjustment, and let me know if that works for you?

Hi Pete,
I tried your suggestion and had no luck. When a track is selected it has a yellow border around it. When I try to add a second track I have tried (1) clicking, or (2) shift clicking, or (3) control clicking or, (4) shift control clicking into the second track I wanted to add. In each case the second track got selected, but the first track was no longer selected. I even tried adding the command key to the mix, again with no luck. I see no way to select multiple track all at once. Can you help.
By the way I didn't get your original answer in my email.
Don Lofland
Hello again, Pete. I sent my latest response yesterday, and haven't heard back so far. Meanwhile, I got a feedback form from Just Answer, which doesn't make sense to me, since we haven't figured out how to resolve my problem.
Please advise.
Don Lofland

Hi Don,

Sorry I did not get notified of your reply either.

Can you select multiple tracks by clicking and dragging?

Aloha Pete,Well, I just tried that, and again no success. Your thinking seems logical, but how to select multiple tracks at one time is eluding me.Don Lofland
06 December 2017 10:10

Hold Shift and press the Up and Down arrows - does that work on your version?

Hi Pete,
When I do that the track that is a higher or a lower track, but still only one track selected.Don Lofland

Ok I will check if the other experts have any idea on this...