Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am trying to set up a new Dell 2-1 7000 series. It is

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up a new Dell 2-1 7000 series. It is asking for a code number that is tagged to my email address. How do I get that ?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes, my old computer with windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I might have. My old telephone number(###) ###-####

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Software
12/5/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Sorry you having all this problems can you open your mail from a old machine or phone to see this number?? Also look on the new desktop the key should be on a sticker somewhere on the case -product key.

Waiting for your feedback or a rating

That was not the question. I wanted to know how to retrieve my old code from Window 7 that was associated with my email address. I was not receiving a response to my email of a reset password.. Much later I received the resets in my mail box. I will now try with the reset code. You did not answer the question, so do not charge me.
I am in the process of starting up my new Dell 7000 series and have just started the process. I do not have access to my email on that computer yet.

Thanks can you see a sticker with the product key on the machine??