Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Trying to install Skype on my iPad but it is requesting a…

Customer Question
Trying to install Skype...

Trying to install Skype on my iPad but it is requesting a number. I do not have a phone on iPad. Do I need a phone on iPad?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Today...

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I put in my email and a password ***** birthdate now it wants a number.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/2/2017
Software technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 7 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The number that Skype is looking for is a Skype phone number range that you need to purchase.

or

How do I get a Skype number for free?

To check the cost:

1. Go to the Get a Skype Number page. You'll be prompted to sign in if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select the country you want the Skype Number for.
  3. Select an area code.
  4. Choose one of the available numbers, then select Continue. The prices for a 3 month and a 12 month subscription are displayed.