Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am working on my husband's computer. My is updating.

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on my husband's computer. My is updating. Here's the problem; it has been updating Microsoft since 9:30 pm last night, and has been buffering for at least 12 hours. What should I do

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have an Asus laptop, and I have been using Windows 10.???

Technician's Assistant: What Asus model do you have?

A Sonic Master (that what it says on the key board.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I haven't installed anything. When the prompt came up to update Windows, I said...sure and away it went. I walked away and let the computer do what it had to do. I use Webroot as my virus protector

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Does the computer guru need to know anything else? I have a time crunch, so I am not able to sit at my computer for extended periods of time tonight

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/2/2017
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is***** apologies for the delay.

If your computer has a wireless network switch, use the switch to disable the wireless network and then wait for the update service to stop. Once it stops, reboot the computer and then start the wireless network and the updates again.

If the computer does not have a wireless network switch you can do the following to disable the wireless network temporarily:

Click the Windows Start button then type

ncpa.cpl

in the Search box and press Enter. Then right click on the wireless network adapter in the window that appears and click Disable.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?