Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I can't convert architects drawings from UK into inches. Ive…

Customer Question
I can't convert architects...

I can't convert architects drawings from UK into inches. Ive tried everything

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Autocad Lt 2013

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Format Units to Architectural Insertion Scale to inches Dimens style standard/ primary units Arch annotation scale 1:1 Drawing scale set as imperial

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Style?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Style? What have you tried so far?

Ive been working in this AutoCAD program for 6-7yrs. Never had to take an architects drawings from UK should be as easy as changing metric to imperial no?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
12/1/2017
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try this:

1. On the command line of AutoCAD, enter the SCALE. command.
  2. At the Select objects prompt, enter all
  3. Press the Enter key to exit the Select objects prompt.
  4. Enter 0,0 for the base point.
  5. When prompted for scale factor, enter 25.4. (Use 2.54 for centimeters.)

For the SCALE command method, adjust the dimension text and arrowhead height in the dimension style as needed.

Nope didn't work
I would prefer a call, speak to someone &b teach me how to do it because I will have to do it for 7 other drawings

If those commands didn't have any effect, don't save the document you tried to alter that way - close the session without saving it.

What computer do you have AutoCAD on, please? A Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

I cannot remote-connect to a Mac computer (I see that you stated you have AutoCAD on a Mac computer above, pardon me for overlooking it before) so I have left your request for another Expert in this category to take up.

I had already tried many other things which I wrote to the first person on this site.
I really need someone to get on the phone with me & remotely enter my computer so I can show all.
Otherwise this isn't going to work & Ill just get my money back
Im on a mac with Fusion ware that lets me work on Windows Pro7

(I regret that I am, myself, not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Sorry Im new to this site & in a desperate situation. I have paid $48 then another $39 for remote assistance.
I just sit here & wait hoping someone will see this post & reach out???

Well, yes. There is a fairly large volume of cases at present.

As for your charges: I'm sorry to say that I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist