Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

After a recent update to windows 10 the login in box has…

Customer Question
After a recent update...

After a recent update to windows 10 the login in box has disappeared and I cannot log in . I have researched this and so far nothing works to resolve the issue . I am at the point of just putting in another Hard Drive and reloading everything because nothing seems to work .

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Emachines / acer running windows 10 64 bit.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

It will not let me use any of the repair options. It will not let me use any of the repair discs. I cannot get into safe mode. It says please wait and then nothing happens. I left it running for a day and a half when I took my day off from work and when I got back to my office it still said please wait. I am at a loss on what to do to fix this issue. I had this problem with a home computer and nothing worked and I ended up replacing the hard drive and reloading everything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just how to get this fixed. One of my co-workers is having a similar problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 2 days by:
12/4/2017
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please see if you can reinstalling windows 10. Holding down Shift while clicking on the restart icon. this took you to a recovery menu where you be able to 'Refresh' windows. without lose any files. Waiting for your feedback to see if we can fix this.

I have already tried every recovery option . It will not allow we to do anything. When the computer boots up it goes to the Welcome screen and the login box is missing. when hitting any key on the keyboard the screen jumps and you can briefly
see the login box for about a split second and then nothing. I had this happen on a home computer about six months ago and could find no solution then either and I ended up pulling the HDD and installing a new one , reloading everything. Short of doing that again or reformatting the drive on my work computer I am at a loss as to how to fix this. I have looked at this extensively online and have tried numerous recommended fixes and nothing works. Apparently this is a known problem with
Windows 10 that has happened after updating. I am at a loss on how to fix this. I really do not want to wipe the drive and start over if I can possibly avoid it.

Thanks for the feedback. I looking know for hours and hours for you for a fix and looks like this know problem is here to stay.

Have you done this??

Pressing shift button and restart took me to the screen where it gave you the option to choose the "Troubleshoot". I clicked on the Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

If this option work it will give you a screen to get in on safe made. Log in and uncheck the "safe boot". Now, it prompted to enter password ***** login.

Waiting for your feedback or a rating

I would try the safe mode option if the computer would boot in safe mode. I tried to do that twice . The first time I tried it
was before I left work and it said " Please Wait , with the spinning circle of dots" When I came back to work two days later
the same screen was showing saying "Please Wait" . I tried it a second time in Safe Mode with Networking and the same thing
happened. If I could get it to boot in safe mode I could fix the problem . Nothing I have tried short of re-formatting the drive and starting over seems to work and I don't want to do that yet if I don't have to.

please follow my steps again maybe we lucky today