Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My daughter just created a document in Open Office

Customer Question
My daughter just created...

My daughter just created a document in Open Office documents. She then had to restart her computer and when she tried to open the document she was just working on she got this message. Its a college paper and she is freaking out . Any suggestions

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP pavilion g6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

It just happened.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Windows 8 is the last update.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Its not the printer at this point. it simply wont open the document

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/1/2017
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. What exactly is the error message that she is getting?
  2. Did she SAVE the file before restarting?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Thank you. It looks like the file is corrupted. Is that 14KB the size of the problem file?

Also, how many pages have she already created?

It was a 5 page report. Yes that’s the size. Is there anything we can do

It looks corrupted since a 5 page document should be greater than 14KB.

Can you send the affected file to me so that I can check if I can recover its contents? You can use the paper clip icon or the Add Files button to attach the file when you reply.

If you are not using the computer to chat with me, you can upload it to http://filesXpress.com and tell me if it is done.

ok. I did my best to get the document attached

Thank you. Checking the file now

Please cancel. My daughter has had to rewrite the paper and I must go to bed.

Ok. Please contact our customer service for refunds. Or you can follow this link:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess