Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Every time i try to text my palm hits a gigantic emoji

Customer Question
Every time i try...

Every time i try to text my palm hits a gigantic emoji screen that now appears on the bottom of the iPhone. same holds true for emails. i am having a horrible experience trying to type on this new phone.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

How can i change the configuration on the bottom of the iPhone 10 screen?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update your Emoji software?

The phone came last night. i may have upgrated today but have no idea because i have been struggling getting the phone set up. my email is also blocked due to my email server. i am writing you from my computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No...except that the smart typing is driving me crazy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
12/1/2017
Software technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can change the settings of the built-in keyboard on your iPhone 10. This includes the arrangement of the keys.

To adjust the keyboard settings:

1. Open an app that uses the keyboard, like Messages or Mail.
  2. Touch and hold the emoji face icon or the world globe icon.
  3. Tap Keyboard Settings.
  4. Then customize your settings.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

pete- this does nothing. sorry, but it only permits me to move the keyboard to the right or left. or eliminate the emoji from keyboard in total. it does not permit me to move the emoji icons to a position above the keyboard thus not interfering in daily typing. $30 is a lot to spend to be told what is an obvious function on the iPhone. have i missed something?

I am a user of this site just like you, however I understand you choose how much you wish to pay when you ask your question.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

If you press and hold the emoji face can you customize the keyboard at all?