Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an Iphone 7 and am having a few problems. One, my…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an Iphone 7 and am having a few problems. One, my phone does not always get my text messages. I tested this by having my daughter stand next to me and text and I did not receive the message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I don't know what that means. I got it from Verizon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I also have a specific message for when people text me. That worked until I went to Florida and now it might give the message or it might just ping. I went to Verizon for assistance and they looked and said they did not know why these things happened. They checked my "space" and said I had plenty.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, my phone dies daily. Example: I left my house at 8:30 AM and did not use my phone until I got to Verizon at 12:00. When I left my home it was at 100% and when I arrived it was 62%.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/30/2017
Software technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Did you have an Iphone prior to getting the 7?

I had the Iphone 5 and had no problems

Is your Iphone 5 receiving the old messages?

I traded the Iphone 5 for the 7.
I already gave you my credit card info when I originally signed on and will not do it again.

I am currently typing your response. That is the site asking. I'm sorry it does that. We don't need to remote connect.

There is a provisioning issue at ATT making your old Iphone receiving the messages. You will simply just need to give them a call and ask them to remove that old phone from your account. I had this same issue and it was because the other phone was receiving the messages that it was routing it somehow. If this does not resolve, you can bookmark this page and let me know and we can troubleshoot more. You have to specifically tell them to remove the old phone from your account.

The battery life may be going quicker depending on the apps that you have installed. You could also have a defective battery. 60% in a few hours is pretty quick. The phone I have from 6AM to 5PM it is on 10% with little use.

Why would I contact ATT? I have never used them.

It's one of those days. I'm so sorry. I meant Verizon. I have ATT.

But make sure to bookmark this page! Let me know once you tell them to remove the old phone from your account and any provisioning so you can get all the text messages.

----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

My charge company is on my other phone. You are charging many charges to my card that were not approved. I am reporting this now.

The actual question is for $40 which advised you when it asked for $5 deposit. However, I will send this over to our customer service to refund your money.

Nobody advised of that. It said $5 refundable. I have the documentation here.