Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have been unable to open documents - error message

Customer Question
I have been unable...

I have been unable to open documents - error message received is Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server - could you advise how I fix this please

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Acrobat?

It has been gradually getting worse over the past two days, now I am unable to use it

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/29/2017
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Are you using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC or Pro?
  3. Are you still able to open Adobe Acrobat manually?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1. I am using windows 10
2. Not sure but think its Standard DC
3. No

What exactly is happening when you open manually Adobe Acrobat using the shortcut on your desktop or on Programs? Are you getting any error message?