Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

With Universal Low Vision Aids, Inc.. We were referred to…

Customer Question
Good Afternoon; My...

Good Afternoon; My name is ***** ***** Universal Low Vision Aids, Inc.. We were referred to you about a year ago from Award Technologies and have been very happy with the service until recently. I've been getting reports where our server has not been backing up - have been getting message that user name & password ***** not what is on the record. Also, I think there is confusion that it's my computer that is supposed to be backing up - our server is what is supposed to be backing up. Can you assist me in getting this straightened out? I am visually impaired and not computer savvy, so patience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device has sound issues?

It's the server that is supposed to be backing up, but my computer & email are the recipients for messages/reports.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I use outlook, but we have people using gmail. Our ISP is Wow-does that help?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Let me correct myself - I'm the only one using Outlook, others in the office access their emails through GoDaddy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, just plenty of patience. thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/29/2017
Software technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 7 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you.

So your server is not backing up?

What application are you using to back up the server?