Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an issue with my adobe acrobat pro. Today. I have a…

Customer Question
I have an issue...

I have an issue with my adobe acrobat pro

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Acrobat?

Today

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acrobat?

I have a Giant cursor when I try to select something

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/29/2017
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 7 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Hi Cody I can send you a screenshot if u like

not sure what you mean giant cursor

I selected the North Scituate line. As you can see the selection encompasses 6 lines
Im not sure its recognizing the text AS text
�� If you see boxes, this is what I get when I cut and paste text from within Adobe Acrobat Pro XI

have you tested on different pdfs?

it happens on all my pdfs
See if the file does the same on your end

did this just start behaving this way recently?

I bought a new laptop two months ago and have been dealing with it since. It seems the OCR doesnt CR

yes I see same results as you

Software technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Yes I get the same result as well. Therefore this is not a computer issue this would be the actual .PDF files you have. I know you mention that "all" your .pdf's are like this but are they all the same reality .pdf's possibly from the same original source? The reason why I ask is because I have other .pdf files on my computer that do not have this issue. I only have this issue with the .pdf you sent. Therefor I am thinking that the original user or creator of the .pdf document either saved it incorrectly or converted screenshots to a .pdf file.

I have attached a regular .pdf that works for me and it should work for you. Please try this as you should be able to select the text within this .pdf.