Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have WordPerfect Office 11 on my old computer and would…

Customer Question
I have WordPerfect Office...

I have WordPerfect Office 11 on my old computer and would really like it on my newest one, but the new one does not have a disc drive, only the USB ports. I do not want to purchase a new program when I already have one that works!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Pac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

HP Pavillion

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

WIndows

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't have the program on my Pavillion. It is on my older computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to do my Christmas letter on my old computer and have imported a few photos already, but am having trouble uploading the last two. Is there some trick to inserting photos into a document. I have dome my letter on my old computer for years and have never had this much trouble.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/26/2017
Software technician: Donna French, Programmer replied 7 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. Please give me a minute to review the details of your issue. Is there any other info that you’d like me to know before we move forward?

Okay, to make sure I understand clearly..you have been using WordPerfect Office 11 on your old computer and now that you are on the new computer (HP Pavillion) you are having trouble with your Christmas letter - is this correct? And to be more specific, it is inserting images that you are having issues with.

If so, what software are you using on the new HP Pavillion to create the Christmas letter?

I got the picture thing figured out on my own after several trial and error attempts. The question remaining is if there is a way to install Word Perfect Office 11 on my new computer without purchasing another one. I already have it on my old computer, but it was installed from CDs. My new computer does not have a disc drive. Is there a way to download it using my previous license?
Software technician: Donna French, Programmer replied 6 months ago

Good morning! I had some family issues come up so I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I will be online today, Nov 30, 2017 from 6-8pm CST. Please leave any comments or info for your issue here so I can review this evening. Thank you for your patience!

Hi there, I'm online and reviewing your question now. I'll send a response within the next few minutes.

Do you still have the license number or product key for Word Perfect Office 11?

Do you have another computer that does have a disc drive that we can copy the files to a cloud storage then install on the new computer?

I think the license number is ***** That is the number that comes up on the screen on my old computer. I have my old computer here with me in Arizona and it has a disc drive, but I do not have any blank discs with me. Would a flash drive work? I have a SanDisk 64GB here with me.
Ignore the previous response about the flash drive. After I sent it I realized you wanted to have me be able to put the WordPerfect discs in the old computer, which won't work anyway, because they are in Minnesota and I am in Arizona for the winter. I will probably just have to wait until I go back in March and get it taken care of then. Thanks for trying, anyway!!