Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Skype crashes immediately upon launch. I have never used it.

Customer Question
Skype crashes immediately upon...

Skype crashes immediately upon launch. I have never used it. I run WIndows 10. Whats up?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Never used used at all

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Just opening the app

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/25/2017
Software technician: John, Software Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
John, Software Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Great

Are you using the inbuilt version of skype in windows 10 or the desktop version ?

Are you getting any error message during the crash ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Built in version and no error message. Immediate failure

OK first we can try to uninstall the inbuilt version and then install it from the app store.Are you using a microsoft account to sign in to windows 10?

No
Nothing will launch....already restarted

Do you mean its not just skype no other apps will launch too?

Nothing will launch
Just tried yahoo mail and FB

Do you mean yahoo mail and FB in a web browser ?

On which web browser did you try to access yahoo mail and FB also are you able to access any web pages in a web browser ?

Ok, able to access yahoo mail. Appears that none of the built in apps will launch from the start page

All of it just crashes without any error message am i correct?

Appears that Skype is down all the way

In that way i will give you the link to get desktop version of Skype which is more stable version.See if that is OK with you.

Sure

Please click on this link to download skype : - Skype Download

Download and install it then check it and let me know.

An hour to download????

Do you know your internet connection speed because 1hr is unusual.

no but I will just let it run

Cancel that download

Now try to download it from this link : - https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/ click on Get skype for window and it will start the download.See if that one also is slow or not.

This is the one that crashes

Do you mean you cannot open it to download ?

I’m done. Thanks anyway

Do you mean its downloaded and installed ?

Once again, the built in already loaded version will not launch. The link you sent is running too slow. I'll just leave it alone. THanks for your help

I wasn't clear that is why i asked.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,