Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I received a dvd with 2 word files on it according to the…

Customer Question
I received a dvd...

I received a dvd with 2 word files on it according to the label on it. I can open one but not the other. How do I open the other one?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

I could open other word files right before I put the dvd in--10 minutes ago maybe

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I don't recall doing that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

The file I want was supposedly the manuscript of the 13th edition of my textbook so I could revise it to a 14th edition. The second file (which I can open) is an adoption list of the 13th edition.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
11/25/2017
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are these 2 Word documents the only contents of the DVD?
  3. What exactly is the error message when you are trying to open the second file?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I am using a hp Windows computer.
Yes--the only 2.
When I press open, it shifts to the adoptions 13e other doc.

Ok. Please try these:

1. Close your MS Word program
  2. COPY the problem file from the DVD to the Desktop screen of your computer
  3. After copying, please double click on it to open the document.

Please tell me what happens.

No. I'll try another method so cancel charges to my account. I'm not sure the book staff actually saved the manuscript onto the dvd and only saved the adoptions list. I'll ask them to send another dvd with just the manuscript on it. Thanks. CANCEL CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT!!!!

Ok. Please contact our customer service for refunds. Or here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess