Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am hoping someone can help with an issue in Lightroom?

Hi. I am hoping...

Hi. I am hoping someone can help with an issue in Lightroom? Thanks for your time, Shem.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Lightroom?

I am not sure sorry, my wife uses it. It has changed language to chineese or similar so we can't read anything.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lightroom?

Nothing, I can't read anything, menu's etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I attach a screen shot so you can see what I see?

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Is that a fresh or new installation of Lightroom?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

HI Jess. I am using a mac and it is an old instillation. One day it just opened in a different language.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please give em a moment to check on your issue.

Are you still there

yes

Since you mentioned that this was an OLD installation, I believe the preferences file of your LR (short for lightroom) was corrupted. To fix this issue, you need to reset the preferences.

Here are the steps:

1. Quit your Lightroom program
  2. Press and hold the Shift + Option + Delete keys.
  3. While holding down the keys, launch the Lightroom program. A dialog box will appear asking for your permission to reset the preferences to default. If your OLD settings was in English, resetting means going back to English.
  4. Click Reset Preferences button.
  5. Try to open LR again and see if it works in English this time.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

This didn't work unfortunately. Although I when I relaunched Lightroom I couldn't read the dialog box, I assumed reset was the one highlighted blue, so I clicked on that box.

Please give it another try. Reset is the button on the right. The first button is to start normally. Second or right button is the reset.

that worked the second time, thank you! My wife will be very happy with me when she gets home. Thank you Jess.

You're welcome and I am glad that I was able to help. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Will do, thanks again.